Mounting Instructions for Board-n-Batten Shutters
- Lay the shutter face up on a clean, flat surface.
- Drill a 1/4” inch diameter hole through all horizontal rails, in center and 1 3/4” from each edge
Open Weave: Mark and drill at all vertical boards SEE FIGURE #1
Closed Weave: Mark and drill only at the two outside vertical boards SEE FIGURE #2
- Position the shutter on the house next to the window. Using a suitable marker, mark the mounting hole locations on the building.
- Remove the shutter and, where marked, drill a 1/4” inch diameter hole through the Wood, Vinyl or Aluminum siding only. *Do not drill into the wall*
- If the wall is Wood
- Drill a 1/8” inch diameter hole, 1 3/4” deep into the wall.
If the wall is Masonry or Brick
- For Masonry or Brick you will need a screw anchor for a #10 screw. The type of anchor purchased will determine the diameter of the hole. Follow the anchor manufacturer’s instructions for installation
- Position the shutter on the house next to the window and fasten with the metal screws provided.
*Be careful not to over tighten the metal screws or the shutter may become distorted*
*We suggest using a Hand Screw Driver rather than a Power Drill*
- Repeat this process for all remaining shutters.